Poplar Bay Development

Please note:  Developments Permits are required for driveways and any new building construction.  Fines will be levied and Stop Orders posted if this is not adhered to.  Development Permits are on line or can be picked up at the Summer Villages Office.  If you are not sure if a development permit is required please check the Land Use Bylaw #161.

Click here to obtain a Development Permit Application

Click here to view the Development Permit Bylaw  #240

Click here to view the Development Permit Bylaw #240 Schedule A Fees 

Click here to view the Development Permit Bylaw #240 Schedule B Penalties

Click Here to obtain Land Use Bylaw #161 - Consolidated

If you are planning to build, renovate, demolish or move a building, install or modify a sewer system or modify a shoreline, a Development Permit is required. Development Permits are approving the development only, ensuring that the development complies with the Land Use Bylaws. You may apply for a development permit at the Summer Villages Office or on the web site. Please ensure that all owners that are on title have signed the Development Permit Application. If all signatures are not on the application it will delay the processing of the permit. Additionally, permits are required for building, demolition, electrical, plumbing and gas. These permits must be obtained from Superior Safety Codes Inc.@ 1-888-358-5545 or @ 403-358-5545 once your Development Permit has been approved. For inquiries information please contact our Development Officer at 780-586-2494. “Please ensure all your development including fencing and landscaping is within your lot boundary”. For further information and to view the Land Use Bylaw on the web site at www.svofficepl.com.

Please Note: Placards are issued with the Development Permit and must be in full view at the work site at all times while the work is in progress.  Failure to follow the process of having the required Permits could result in a Stop Order being issued by the Development Officer.

Development Safety Codes:
Please be aware that a property owner/developer is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the Safety Codes Act are followed during construction. It is important that qualified designers/architects/contractors are hired to design and construct your project.